QWill Southern Glove sell to individuals or an end-user?
QCan you custom-make gloves to suit a specific job application?
Custom-designed gloves for specific applications are one of Southern Gloves' specialties. We can custom make a variety of:
Minimum orders may be requested for gloves made with special non-inventoried cloth. Contact sales team members for assistance.
Over the last six decades, we've custom-printed thousands of logos for our customers. New logos are added weekly, including:
- Company names for advertising
- Safety awards
- Up to 4 colors
- Maximum 3"x3" printing space
- Printing on the back or the cuff of the glove
QWhat is the cost and lead-time to have a new heat transfer made?
- Setup cost: $165.00 to $200.00+, depending on the number of colors
- Lead-time for a new transfer is approximately three weeks
- Upcharge per dozen for logo application is $0.95 cents
QWhat is your normal lead-time?
Normal lead time for in-stock items is usually 24 hours. If the order is for a custom made product or the product is not in stock, the lead time is approximately 4 weeks.
QWhat is your lead-time on printed gloves?
Lead time to ship a printed glove order is five to eight working days. For new logo setup, lead time is three weeks on the first order following proof approval.
QWhat is the minimum lead-time on new styles or non-stock items?
QWhat is your minimum order?
We normally ship even case quantities. Quantity per case varies depending on product type. Please contact us for case quantities.
QDo you have EDI capabilities?
We currently have several customers who use EDI and can fulfill EDI requests.
QAre any of your products made of USA materials?
All products with "made in USA materials" are manufactured with two computerized cutters in our state-of-the-art Honduras manufacturing facility from materials produced in the United States
Hot-mill gloves for steel mills and smelters:
- Olive drab
- Flame retardant
Standard and impact-resistant gloves for oil/gas workers:
- Green and orange
Sarco Impact Gloves
- Provides impact protection for the backs of the hands and thumbs
- Designed to protect oil/gas service workers and drillers
- Invert mud glove
- Designed for use in oil rig environments when drilling and excavating soil that contains shale and petrochemicals
- Triple PVC dipped
- Medium impact protection
- High dexterity
- Designed for heavy manufacturing environments
QWhat glove sizes do you offer?
With our advanced cutting equipment, we can custom-make just about any size you require.
Standard glove sizes
- Small to 2XL, depending on glove construction
- Consult with a sales team member on available sizes in a specific glove style
Create a custom size for your application
- Custom orders have longer lead-times
View our Glove Sizing Chart
QAre XXL gloves available?
Minimum orders are required to make XXL gloves. Please contact us for minimum order quantities.
QWhich is the better glove, cotton or poly cotton?
This depends on the job application.
- Absorbs more oil and grease
- Preferred choice in high-heat conditions
- Absorbs less oil and grease
- Provides more abrasion protection
- Shrinks less when laundered
- Not recommended in high-heat applications because its melting point is lower than cotton alone
QHow are ounce weights measured in canvas gloves?
The "ounce" standard does not apply to the gloves themselves.
- Gloves are made from fabric measured in ounces per square yard.
- An "18-ounce" glove will have a palm made of fabrics totaling 18 ounces per square yard.
QWhat is the difference between split and grain leather?
Split leather is:
- Made from the lower layers next to the insides of the animal
- More fragile and stiffer
- Much less expensive
Grain leather is:
- Made from the outside of the animal
- More supple and stronger
- Higher in price
QCan your gloves be washed or laundered?
All our gloves can be laundered by an industrial cleaner and most styles can also be washed at home using mild detergents and no chlorine bleach. Dry on a low-heat setting.
QWhat products do you offer besides gloves?
If we source the materials, we can offer almost any product that is cut and then sewn in various configurations, including:
- Lab coats
We currently sew the following assortment with many other products in the pipeline:
- Hard-hat liners
- Pet products
Visit our cut and sew manufacturing division Southern Innovations for more information.
QDo you offer high-resolution pictures of your products?
Yes, high-resolution pictures of most products are available upon request.
QDo you have UPC capabilities for your hangtags?
UPC codes can be applied to our hangtags. Style numbers and descriptions are included.
QDo you offer international shipping?
We offer two different international shipping options:
- Prepay shipments on orders of $2,000 or more
- Must be shipped to a freight forwarder of the customer's choice located in the continental USA
- Customer is responsible for freight, duties and other fees
- Exported shipment is available upon special request
- Please call us for further details
QDo you offer same-day shipping?
Same-day shipping is available on in-stock products if the order is received by 11:30 a.m. EST.
QWill you drop-ship to our customers? Is there a charge?
There is no charge for drop-shipping.
QDo you pay freight on large orders?
We pay freight on orders of $2,000 or more.
QHow are price increases handled?
Customers will receive 30-day written notification of price increases.
QDo you accept payment by wire transfer?
Ask one of our sales team members to direct you to the correct department for details.
QDoes Southern Glove accept payments via credit cards? If so, what cards?
Yes; Visa and MasterCard.